Thread: Prayers needed for our dog Bailey and us

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Prayers needed for our dog Bailey and us

June 25, 2016 at 1:30 p.m. Edited to say: We had to make a tough decision today, but our precious Little Bailey has now crossed the "Rainbow Bridge." We appreciate all the prayers. He fought hard, the doctors fought hard, and he is not suffering now.
    Yesterday we had to take our cocker spaniel Bailey to a special hospital above Atlanta. It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get there because of having to go through Atlanta rush hour traffic in the afternoon. It seemed even longer with him in serious condition. Our vet had called ahead for us, and they took Bailey back and started his treatments as soon as we got there.

On Thursday evening, we noticed that our sweet Bailey's urine was all blood. I took him to our vet on Friday morning. He had started bleeding internally, and his gums, intestines, and other areas were bleeding. At first, the vet asked had he got into anything like rat poison because he was bleeding internally. I told him that we had not had anything like that. He was diagnosed with immune mediated thrombocytopenia (IMT). His platelet count was seriously low, and he needed special transfusions in addition to what our vet could do for him, so he referred us to the special hospital.

I am waiting on them to call me to let me know how he is doing, and I pray he is better. We plan on going to visit him during visiting hours tomorrow. I miss him terribly, and I know he can't live forever, but I am not ready to give him up. Please keep him and us in your prayers.
    Last edited by Renee Payton in Georgia; 06-25-2016 at 01:28 PM.

HUGS FROM RENEE