PDA

View Full Version : Coming at you from my new...

Bobbi
07-20-2011, 01:32 PM
laptop!!! My other computer was starting to do some funky things, and the hard drive was chock full, so I decided it was time to use my tax refund and get a new computer. My old one had 1 GB of RAM and an 80 GB hard drive. This one has 4 GB of RAM and a 640 GB hard drive!! Lots of room for photos!!

I honestly have not noticed a HUGE difference between Vista and Windows 7, but there is some. I do like it.

The one I chose is an HP pavilion, and it's one that was designed just for Walmart. It has a light green case and dandelions on it! It's actually really pretty. I was tired of just black and silver.

So, I'm having fun right now!!! Later I'll share some photos from my trip.

Kathleen2
07-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Congrats, Bobbi! Have fun! :clapsmile

Easttexasgrannie
07-20-2011, 03:15 PM
congrats have fun getting to know it.

Catherine
07-20-2011, 03:19 PM
That is wonderful, Bobbi. Looking forward to pictures of your trip.
Kitty

Ginny M.
07-20-2011, 03:24 PM
congrats Bobbi. Have fun!

Bootiful
07-20-2011, 05:53 PM
I need a new computer also but just keep putting it off. I don't know If I'd like a laptop?

Bobbi
07-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Audrey, This is my 3rd laptop. I got my first one because I needed to use the computer during the day, and I don't have room downstairs for a "regular" computer. It is illegal for me to go upstairs while the children are here (because they are out of my sight), even when they are napping. I have come to LOVE the convenience of a laptop! I sometimes take it with me when I travel, even. If you don't think you would like the touchpad, you can always get a mouse to use with it. The keyboard is a little smaller -- that takes some getting used to, but I have adjusted just fine. If you think you might be interested, you can always go into a store that has some on display and "play" with them a little.

PaperDoll
07-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Sounds pretty, Bobbi!!
Audrey, you might like what I have. I have a laptop to take with me and when I come home I hook it up to a docking station that stays connected to a regular flat screen monitor and keyboard. Works great for me!
I do have a mouse that I use some of the time. It is harder to use a keyboard on a laptop, especially for me, and I have a curved keyboard for my regular computer. If I have my hands out straight my wrists hurt. I think I have a bit of a deformity that is no one has ever noticed except me.
Carol

Renee Payton in Georgia
07-21-2011, 07:50 AM
That's great, Bobbi.

In the motel room now, I am using a little "Panasonic Toughbook" that my hubby brought with us.

I miss my computer at home, but I am doing okay on this little one.

At least I can Keep in touch.