PDA

View Full Version : Monday FITB

Dollstar2
07-18-2011, 11:00 PM
When I was younger I wished I was ______________________.

taller :bagfish:

PaperDoll
07-18-2011, 11:09 PM
loved by my mother.
Carol

Dollstar2
07-18-2011, 11:21 PM
(((((Carol))))) my heart goes out to you! Sometimes I felt that way too.

Kathleen2
07-19-2011, 04:06 AM
...living in a home large enough to have my own room. :yessmiley

pardonmydollie
07-19-2011, 06:39 AM
Carol, your post made me sad and very thankful at the same time...I knew my mom loved me even though she never said it. And Kathleen I always shared a room
with my sister even though she was 8 years younger. I loved her and enjoyed her so I never thought of NOT being together. This is a good post for me as it
brought tears to my eyes and made me remember how much I enjoyed my family as a child. When I was younger I wished for a lot of things but now it seems like
I had all I needed.

Doris
07-19-2011, 07:40 AM
I wished I had a sister. I still do.
When I was a pre teen and early teens I wished I had hips. I was so skinny. I got that wish later on.Too bad I can't wish it back.

PaperDoll
07-19-2011, 07:57 AM
I need to use a lighter touch here...instead of saying what comes to mind...

When I was younger I wished I was able to climb as high as my big brother could.
Carol

Renee Payton in Georgia
07-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Beverly, I have always wished that I was taller too.

When I was younger, I wished that I had a dad and younger brothers and sisters.

My dad died just before I turned 5, and so it was just my mom and me. My sister and brother are 19 years and 15 years older than I am and had already moved out when my dad died. Later I had lots of nephews and nieces so that helped with wanting those younger brothers and sisters.

My mom told me often that she loved me, and I had a very happy childhood.

As a child and young teenager, I wished that I didn't have to wear glasses. I started wearing glasses in first grade. I got contacts during the summer after I finished 9th grade. Then I had LASIK eye surgery in 1999, so I don't have to wear glasses or contacts.

Catherine
07-19-2011, 08:54 AM
I can't say I ever really wished for much. My only wish has always been to move back to Vermont.
I am not tall, always was thin, no sister but have a brother. 2 loving parents. not much money but had paper dolls and coloring books and crayons and was always happy.
Kitty

K_anne
07-19-2011, 10:33 AM
I wish I was NEVER abused!!
I am sorry if I made my friends sad!!!

Easttexasgrannie
07-19-2011, 10:59 AM
To be older and now.....

AzygousKids
07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
I always wanted to be older too. Now, I want to be younger!

Bootiful
07-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Do you believe, I wanted to be fatter!! Well, I got my wish!ha I weighed 110 lbs soaking wet when I got preg.with my first son and I had already had two miscarriages.
I grew up with both parents and when they told me something, I listened. They weren't abusive but they would whip your butt if needed. I'm probably better for it.ha! I had five sisters and two brothers so I never wished for more. Heck,we didn't have enough room as it was! I didn't know I was poor, we had a roof over our heads and food in our stomach. We had plenty of friends to play with.No sitting around watching tv all the time. In fact, I think I was a freshman in High School before we had a tv. Now I wish I could go back and relive that time again.