PDA

View Full Version : One eagle out of the nest!

Bobbi
06-16-2011, 06:34 PM
One of the baby eagles is out on a tree limb near the nest! I don't know if he just sort of walked out there or what -- I haven't been watching all day. Looks like this one will probably be the first to fledge. The camera is aimed just on him/her right now -- can't see the other 2 in the nest, but can hear them!

AzygousKids
06-16-2011, 08:16 PM
How cool!!!!!

PaperDoll
06-16-2011, 08:45 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles
They are all out there now!
carol

carolfromga
06-16-2011, 08:51 PM
been watching them since we got home and keep missing them tryt o fly.. its so kewl to know just 3 months ago they were just eggs . i love eagles any way

Bobbi
06-17-2011, 12:41 AM
I saw 2 of them out there with a parent -- there was a 3rd bird, but it was behind the parent and the feed wasn't good, so I wasn't sure if it was the 3rd eaglet, or the other parent. This is exciting!

Kathleen2
06-17-2011, 03:46 AM
They've been hiding on us :biglol: a couple times I thought they were all gone but then I'd catch sight of a wing in the corner of the camera lens...looks like it's going to be very soon!

Bobbi
06-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Nice view of all three of them out on the limbs this morning. I hear an eagle screeching in the background -- wonder if it's one of the parents, and if so, if they're trying to encourage the youngsters to attempt to fly?

Geniebeanie
06-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I just peeked at the eagles and either mom or dad are sitting with all three out on tree branches. They could fly at any time now.

Kathleen2
06-17-2011, 02:09 PM
All 3 are still sitting out there & one is flapping away with his wings...he's ready. :yessmiley

Renee Payton in Georgia
06-17-2011, 02:52 PM
I looked at the link a little while this morning but they were just sitting on the tree limb, and that is what they are doing now too. Earlier a parent was with them, but now I just see the three younger ones.

lilyandElliesMom
06-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Sure wish I could have watched this, but with extra skow dial up it isn't possible.........

Bobbi
06-17-2011, 04:52 PM
I have watched for awhile several different times today. One of the eaglets got way out on the end of the branch and it was going up and down. He was flapping his wings for all they were worth -- finally half-flew, half-hopped back to the sturdier part of the branch where his/her siblings were! Then, all three were lined up in a row, facing the same direction. They kept sort of leaning down, looking, then straightening back up -- it was if they were thinking, "Holy Cow, that's a long way down!!" We were laughing over that -- it was almost as if you could read the expression on their faces!

Renee Payton in Georgia
06-17-2011, 05:30 PM
I have watched for awhile several different times today. One of the eaglets got way out on the end of the branch and it was going up and down. He was flapping his wings for all they were worth -- finally half-flew, half-hopped back to the sturdier part of the branch where his/her siblings were! Then, all three were lined up in a row, facing the same direction. They kept sort of leaning down, looking, then straightening back up -- it was if they were thinking, "Holy Cow, that's a long way down!!" We were laughing over that -- it was almost as if you could read the expression on their faces!

Good commentary, Bobbi.:clapsmile

Bobbi
06-17-2011, 06:21 PM
They were on the news tonight. This phase that they are in now is called "branching." Once they fly, they will remain close and the parents will still watch over them and bring them food for a couple of weeks. The commentator said not to worry -- mom and dad will be able to find them because those babies are LOUD!!!! Those 2 weeks, the eaglets will be on the ground a lot of the time. During that time, if you've read on the site, the Raptor Research Project is going to catch them and band them, and put a small transmitter on each one. Harmless to the eagles, and takes only about 10 minutes or less. This way they will also know just where they go and how far they eventually go from the nest. These will be the first from this mom & dad that will be banded/fitted with transmitters.

Geniebeanie
06-18-2011, 08:24 PM
I saw one of them fly. Didnot see the other two but the alpa eaglelet is flying.

Gramajudy
06-18-2011, 08:36 PM
I was just watching them and one of them was flying quite well. I saw one of them fly yesterday too...probably the same one. It is amazing how quickly they have grown from just tiny balls of fluff into such great birds.

JackieKay
06-18-2011, 10:20 PM
I guess one of the guys who runs the camera was outside either yesterday morning or this morning and saw only two of them and then all of a sudden the third one came flying to the nest like he was an old pro! He said he didn't know where he had been or how long he'd been gone but he has officially fledged! Pretty exciting! I imagine the other two will take off soon as well but I'm glad they will be around the nest tree awhile yet so maybe we can continue to get a glimpse of them now and then.