PDA

View Full Version : I am at the library posting this

Bluebell
08-25-2006, 08:11 PM
We (sigh) are having a problem with our 15 year old and his addiction to his silly computer game. He won't stay off it and won't behave with any common sense. After discovering (yet again) that he spent all night up on his computer with no sleep, my husband took away the doohickie thing that makes the internet work on all the computers in our house-- the router, I think it's called. So we are all suffering for a few days until dough-head (I mean, dear first born) has learned his lesson. So sorry, but this means I cannot post the continuation to Tess and her winning trip to Hawaii. But will continue the story when order has been restored and peace once again reigns in the valley.

Angela:cryingsmi

Mackie-NC
08-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Angela, it can be really trying of one's patience with teens sometimes. I hope this helps him to realize that he needs a good night's sleep especially with school starting. We will just put Tess on hold and thank you for going to all this trouble to tell us why you aren't posting.

Faye
08-25-2006, 09:50 PM
:hismiley: Angela...no problem...been there
done that and lived through it :smileyspa...
hang in there...we'll be waiting to see what
happens with Tess winning a trip. :clapsmile

Geniebeanie
08-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your son on the computer. My nephew who recently graduated from high school had a period of just eating, computer games and skateboarding. He cut school,got in trouble etc. My brother in law did the same thing. It worked and he graduated so I wish you luck. Tess will tell us in time about her trip.

Char
08-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Oh Angela...it's not good when you loose your doohickie. LOL
Sure am glad my kids grew up before computers became so popular or I'm sure I would have been without my doohickie too.

Melody
08-25-2006, 10:20 PM
I understand and feel for you. I have to "kick" my son off when he comes to visit!!

ChrisM
08-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Sorry to hear of your teen troubles.
I haven't reached teen years yet, but they are close. My okdest turned 12 last month. YIKES!!!!!

Buggy
08-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Mikayla is 9 and she thrives on being on my computer during the day...If I go in to check something, she has a fit..I cant imagine if I had a youngun 24/7...where do these kids get off thinking they are in control..SIGH...LOL..Oh the joys..Heck, today her Dad came to pick her up..walked right passed me, to the computer to check his ebay thing..GO HOME and use your own computer...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR kids, it never changes..

Good luck and hurry back..Lock him in the bathroom if you have too...!!! Or let Angelica babysit him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracey427
08-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Angelia I understand. My hubby's 23 year old has the same problem. He stays up until 4-5 in the morning playing pc games and then wonders why he has "such a hard time getting up in the morning for work.

Kathleen2
08-26-2006, 04:16 AM
Hang in there (((Angela))) (L)

:biglol: You had me thinking Tess had "volunteered" your services at the library in exchange for that Hawaiian trip....Aloha :5:

Pat
08-26-2006, 06:32 AM
The same thing has been occuring here lately with my 14year old stepson,but I can assure you I won't loose my doohickie. He might loose his computer and he can't use mine because it is password protected.

Doris
08-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Computer games can be addicting, especially for teens but you are doing the right thing. We will be on edge waiting to hear about the adventures of Tess.