PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for Katie

MarriedToMyHero
08-25-2006, 11:48 AM
I just found out Katie was in a car accident yesterday. I know she was sent to the ER, but was realeased. She's not feeling that great today and very very very sore. I talked to her for a couple minutes, but her phone was dying so she said she'd call me back later. Pray for her please!

bearsandme
08-25-2006, 12:18 PM
She'll be in my prayers sweetie....

Mackie-NC
08-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Katie will be in my prayers.

MarriedToMyHero
08-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks ladies!

Ok, I just talked ot her and found out what happened. Her and her mom were running erronds. They had just dropped some stuff off and were headding back to her mom's place. Well they were on a road going straigh. Well a guy ran a stop sign speeding. Katie slamed on her breaks and ramed into the side of the guy. He tried to flee the scean, but luckely another driver saw the whole thing and took off after the guy. Well Katie got out and started throwing up. Her mom's BP was 200 and something over 150. So her and her mom ended up in the ER. Her neck is really bothering her. They gave her a neck brace in the ER but she forgot it there. So she's calling later to see if she can get another one.

Felix is OK. After the accident he grabbed his neck crying STOP STOP. So they though somehting was going on with him, but the ER said he was fine. Just minor wiplash. Luckely at the last stop something told Katie to fix his carseat and tighten it. He usualy pulls the straps off, but Katie put them back on and told him to leave them on. She's now got to go to get him a new carseat.

They don't know if her Explorer will be totaled or not. The guy didn't have insurance so he automatically got a $1000 fine, $1500 for fleeing the scean, and $500 for the stop sign. So he's got $3000 in just fines, then her insurance will sue him to recupe what it cost of her Explorer. She's also got to call Ford because neither of the air bags deployed.

Geniebeanie
08-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Hope she feels better soon and prayers are headed her way.

JCStarbuck
08-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Wow the thing about checking the car seat right before gave me chills....God sure sends his angels even when we don't know we need them.

I am glad it wasn't any worse than it was....and no one was terribly hurt.
They should really stick it to these people who drive without insurance...expecially when they choose to drive like idiots....and there is no way they will recoup the money...if he had money he would have had insurance.

MarriedToMyHero
08-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Here if it's an uninsurand driver that caused the accident... Your insurance will pay for the damages then sue him personally. They also put in the law suit that if the person files bankrupcy they can not get that judgment off. It was a huge problem here of uninsured drivers to they passed stricter laws.

Mackie-NC
08-25-2006, 05:33 PM
I hope they all get over their soreness and feel better soon!

Proud Country Gal
08-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Prayer for Katie and her mom being said!

Faye
08-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Yikes, its scary driving out there now a days *sigh*....
I'm saying prayers for Katie and her Mom...hope they are feeling better soon!!!

Char
08-25-2006, 10:07 PM
So scary...glad there were no major injuries.

Here you can't drive or have a license without insurance.

MarriedToMyHero
08-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Thanks os much ladies. She desided last night to sue the guy that hit her. I felt so bad for her, I just wanted to hug her, but knew that would hurt her to bad. When I got over to her parent's place Felix was still there (her DH came a few min later to pick him up). It was so cute. He pointed to Katie's ear and said "Mama have owie." I said "Mama have big owie?" He sighed and said "Yes, Mama have big big owie." I asked if he had an owie and he said no.

Well Katie was hurting really really badly last night. She had to groom a dog. She's doing it at her parent's place till her and her DH move. She coudln't find the lady's # to cancle. THe lady offered to reschedual, but Katie told her since she already drove up there we'd do it. (I helped as much as I could... holding the dog for her and bathing it. I had no idea what to do when it came to clipping.) Katie figures Kelly screwed her enough on customers.

What's hurting her the worse is her neck and sholders. She can't turn her neck. So she desided to sue the asshole that caused the accident. And with her mom, she's pissed off as well. Her mom's got a history of having mini stroks so they have to watch her now(I found out in the ER her BP spiked to 214 over 197). But last night she coudln't stop laughing. Her mom's a larger lady about 300lbs and hobbles instead of walks. I guess when they went to run the erronds her mom just put on a baggy yellow shirt and black sweatpants. Katie said just the immage of her mom flying out of the Explorer trying to chase this guy going down a hill. Katie said she knows she shoudln't laugh, but it was so funny to see that now that she thinks about it.

Last night I took Katie to Target to kinda keep her mind off of stuff. I needed to pick some stuff up and she needed some birthday presents and a new carseat for Felix. Well they didn't have Felix's carseat anymore so she's trying a diffrent store today. But we picked out the birthday presents for Derek's half brother's kids. Then I got some stuff I needed. Our cart was plum full when we got up front. She kept laughing because I found a nice soft body pillow. Well in order to fit in in the cart we had to tuck one side down and have the rest flop over the cart. It made our cart look like it had a trunk lid. Cuse everytime we put something in the cart we had to lift the one side of the pillow back. Katie laughed everytime we had to do it.

AMcCall
08-26-2006, 09:01 PM
I sure will, Nicole!! I sure do hope she feels better soon...

I am sooooo late with this, but I meant to wish you a Happy Anniversary!! With all that has been going on, I missed it. I hope that you and your husband had a great one.

Also, how is your new job going??

MarriedToMyHero
08-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks Ashley! We didn't do anything speical since I wasn't working. Brian said for our 5th anniversery he wants to take me some place speical, since this year and last year we didn't do anything. I figure I'd rather have one big anniversery trip than a bunch of little trips.

I love my new job so much. We actally are opening the doors Monday for the kids. We are a week late but since it was new construction we didn't pass some of our inspections. We worked our tails off the past two weeks to get the rooms ready, but the toilets didn't work till yesterday, we didn't have a phone till yesterday, and the fire alarms didn't work till yesterday. The people I work with are the best. We are all around the same age (including the director) so we get along great.

Last Sunday we got to meet the families and the kids. I'm closing in the infant room (the assistant teacher opens so I take over at 2 when she goes home, I cover breaks till then). The parents are very nice. We've got a set of B/G twins, and 4 other boys (poor little girl's the only one). We only have 6 in the room right now. There are two starting later on that the mom's are still pregnate. Of the 6 only one is 19 months, the rest are around 6 months or under.

Charfromca
08-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Nicole sounds like you have been a busy girl!!! I hope Katie feels better soon... I'm glad you took her with you to take her mind off things!!!!!!