PDA

View Full Version : It's hard to believe but this has twice, same place !!

Lois
08-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Some of you may remember that two years ago ( hard to believe it's been two years ), but a abandoned cat had kittens under our barn. It had a happy ending, because they all now live with me ( Teezie, Bootsie, Callie, Flower, and Tippy ). Well, would you believe now ( two years later ) another cat had kittens under my barn. They are very feral, so I can not get very close. I have been feeding them for a few weeks now, ever since I realized they were there. They are beginning to trust me. They still stay back from me, but not at far as they did at first. I called the same trapper that helped me before. We will try to trap them in a couple of weeks, the Mom still needs to put on some weight. This time I can not bring them in, but will get them altered, and shots and re-release them back where they are. Hubby said he will put a dog house out there for them. Here are some pictures I took this evening. This is the first time I have been close enough to take pictures. There is a Mom ( yellow orange cat ), and three kittens. The little white one is the most friendly, and look close you can see the eyes of one peeking out from under the barn. I don't know where the third one is. Hubby had closed up under the barn, but somehow she has torn it all open.

Marilyn2
08-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Bless your heart, sweet lady.

Well, would you belived now ( two years later ) another cat had kittens under my barn.
I have a friend here who also has a softspot for cats, and had 6 indoor cats last year, now has 4. She swears they hand out a map in Heaven showing stray cats how to get to the "cat lady's" house lol. It sounds like they have a map to yours too lol.

Buggy
08-16-2006, 12:39 AM
someone is telling these cats what wonderful people you are..they must feel safe having their litters in your yard!!!!!

Kathleen2
08-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Yep, the word must have gotten out in "kittyland" about what a wonderful cat person you are, Lois. :yessmiley

Doris
08-16-2006, 07:53 AM
Lois, those cats know where to go to get the care they need. I love cats too but just have one.

Sissy19
08-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Bless you for being so kind-hearted. They say when a cat gives itself to you it's good luck! You certainly deserve it for being so good to God's helpless creatures.

ChrisM
08-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Momma kitties know that your barn is a safe place to have their babies. You must have happy kitty "vibes" or something.

Faye
08-16-2006, 08:45 AM
They are so pretty...so sad they are feral, they would
make some lucky kitty lovers around your area very
happy, living inside as furbaby friends.

foxy grandma
08-16-2006, 08:47 AM
That is so wonderful. They know where to go..The cats come to my house too. I have two "chosen" ones, but I have four.:)

Mackie-NC
08-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Lois, the word must get out in kittydom of the best places to give birth! Bless your heart, you have gone beyond the call of duty and I hope these babies and their Mom can be adopted out to good families.

Lois
08-16-2006, 01:12 PM
I don't think these are adoptable cats. It would take somebody who really know what they are doing to work with them. The cats that I brought inside two years ago were not as feral. The Mother had belonged to people who lived a few doors up. She was neglected, but not completely without human contact. These cats are far more wild. I can trap them, and take them to the shelter, and put them up for adoption, then I adopt them. I know it soounds really silly, but that is the only way I can do it. They have a rescue two times a month, you have to make a appointment, and it's 35.00 per cat for spay or nutering. I can't do that ! I never know if I will trap one or not, and can't plan with a appointment. We have a state of the art shelter, with a full time Vet Staff. No pet is adopted without being altered first, and it is a no kill shelter. I take the pets in anytime and put them up for adoption, then adopt them myself, that way they get spayed or nutered right away, plus shots and testing. It costs a little more, 50.00 per cat, put you get alot more, and no appointment necessary. This is how I did it before. I don't think they would get adopted. Most people are looking for friendly kittens, and there are tons of them there. These cats have never had a human touch. I do have a soft spot for cats, and they know that I am good for a free meal. If they want to hang around the back they must be altered or else we would soon have a colony of cats, and that would not be a healthy situtation to have so close. I wish everyone would spay or nuter their pets. If they did, life would be so much easier and better for all.

AzygousKids
08-16-2006, 01:24 PM
One of our cats (we have 5) was a rescued feral kitten. It has taken him quite a long time (he is 3 1/2 now) to become what I would consider a "normal" cat, but he is learning. Changes daily. Now, he is brave enough to come out and visit a little when strangers are here. He doesn't let people touch him, but he will come and lay in the middle of the floor while people visit. At night, he comes to bed with me, and loves being petted and loved on, but won't stay there. noises and movements still spook him, but I adore him. You must be a blessed person to have the momma think your place is safe.

houston doll
08-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh wow! My best friend is crazy about cats

MarriedToMyHero
08-16-2006, 03:58 PM
I love that orange one!! You have such a big heart. And didn't you mention with the first set you didn't care for cats?

Lois
08-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Your right Nicole, I was never a cat person. Once I got involved with Teezie and her Kittens I just fell in love with them. I was always a small dog ( Poodle ) person. Now I don't know what I did before my sweet little cat family came along.